I love icecream.
Okay, well it's not really icecream as such. We love fruity dream from the EDC.
This week Mr 3 decided we should make lemon icecream. My mind instantly wandered to Joshua's Lemon Curd icecream. I could eat an entire tub of that in one sitting. However, it isn't diary free or refined sugar free (we aren't super strict on not eating dairy or refined sugars, we just don't like to have them if there is a better alternative).
We embarked on our journey to make the worlds best lemon curd icecream. And we got most of the way there!
I don't want to share the recipe just yet, the flavour is right (it's better than right - it's amazing!), but the consistency needs some work. When you freeze our icecream it freezes solid and took a good hour on the bench in 30˚C weather to become soft enough to serve.
We are looking into ways to stop it freezing, but so far it appears that you need to add sugar, alcohol or antifreeze for that to happen. None of which I am happy to add to my icecream.
Mr 3 and I have come up with a list of icecream flavours we would like to make once we get our method down.
We welcome any and all tips on getting a nice soft rolling icecream.

No comments:
Post a Comment